Thursday, March 11, 2010

The first 10 days


The past 10 days have been quite the roller coaster! There are so many things I could comment on, but I'll just have to highlight a few:

--The transition to 3 has been incredibly easier than expected! The "little Miss" has received quite a bit of attention and is often fought over at every meal, car ride, etc....."NO! It's MY turn to sit by her!" "NO! It's MY turn! You got to sit by her at breakfast!" The kids have been extremely generous with their things and I have been so proud to see their interactions with her.

--I am SO ready to be done with diapers! Haha! I really, really appreciate having children that are potty trained and I am motivated to potty train this little one as soon as she shows interest! (don't want to push her into anymore transition! )

--I am in NO rush for another child. :) We could still technically get a phone call for another child, but three is fine for now. We have our hands full!

--The foster/adopt process is WAY more complicated than we ever would have expected! The process is long, unpredictable, and inconsistent. We are in this for as long as it takes, risking our hearts, and giving all. As much as I have tried to guard my heart and be realistic about the process, if I chose to be guarded and not give everything I have to this little one as I would my own biological children, I would have so many regrets. How could I justify it if two years from now she were to return home and I hadn't loved her to the the fullness of my capacity while in our care? My only reason for holding back would be to protect myself and that is not something I want hanging over my head! I understand that the risk is great...the cost is great... and the sorrow could be great....but that is a risk we are willing to take. I trust 110% that God will meet us where we are at and either celebrate with us, our heal our hearts. For now, we are taking it a day at a time and loving her as much as we can today. There is nothing more we can do.

I hope you enjoy these couple photos. As I said before, we can't post any photos of her face, so these will have to do. :) Thanks, friends, for your support!


--

3 comments:

Quinn said...

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with the foster/adopt process.

Fletcher Family said...

well I will say that those are the cutest little feet in rain boots...God bless you and this sweet one that He has entrusted to your care. Love you guys!

Krystal said...

I so appreciate what you said about risking your heart and how you can't hold back. You put it so well! I can certainly attest to both the difficulty of the process and the faithfulness of God! Having now been on both sides of the story, the amazing joy of adoption and the sorrow of a much loved child leaving after 3 years, I can see the faithfulness of God through it all and how he met me right where I was in every situation. I have same believes about not being able to gaurd my heart just for my own protection, and even through it all it is so so so worth it. I have absolutly no regrets in loving each child with everything I have and letting Jesus take care of the rest.
Thank you so much for your updates. Sometimes I've felt so alone in this journey and being able to know you are walking this road too, pray for you and rejoice with you on this journey is so very encouraging for me.
Thanks for saying yes to Jesus, your lives are a blessing to me!