Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes

Caitlyn's little Kindergarten class at the Christian School is having a "teddy bear picnic" on Friday. This is "B" week at school, so the kids were instructed to bring their favorite BEAR from home for the picnic. BUT, first they were given a name tag to bring home, color, fill out, attach to their bear, and return tomorrow. I was working in Caitlyn's class today as the instructions were relayed. Caitlyn was SO excited to finish dinner this evening so that she could get straight to work on her bear's name tag! Micah was doing the dishes (I LOVE my husband, by the way), I was sitting on the couch with a blanket over my head (no really, I was) trying to ignore the fact that our house is a total disaster right now, and the kids got to work on their name tags. (When I work in her class, I bring the other kids with me, and Caitlyn's teacher is GREAT and sent home name tags for our other kids' bears too!) Anyways, I heard Caitlyn shout, "I'M FINISHED!" as she ran into the kitchen to show Daddy her completed tag. I heard Micah laughing hysterically as Caitlyn quickly ran in to show me her completed masterpiece. THIS, my friends, is what I saw:


Yes, you are reading that correctly. It
does, in fact, say "BIG BEER."


I imagine myself escorting Caitlyn into her class tomorrow at the CHRISTIAN SCHOOL and saying, "No really, Mrs. Johnson. I have no idea why Caitlyn would name her adorable, 70's looking tie-dye 'peace bear' BIG BEER. I'm sure what she meant to say was BIG BEAR, she just spelled it BIG BEER."

4 comments:

Staci said...

Buwahahahahah, I love this. Bella's bear's name, although perfectly Christian School Kosher, PALES in comparison...lol. In fact, I don't even remember her bear's name, but CAITLYN'S bear, I will NEVER forget his name!!! hahaha

Mullin family said...

Makes perfect sense.

Julie said...

ha ha ha!!!

Unknown said...

hahahaahhahah I love it!!

- RYAN -